开启左侧

[电子/合成器] 采样振荡器 Homegrown Sounds Cassetto v2 KONTAKT

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2019-11-17 16:14:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题
声明:该软件来源于网络搜集整理,仅供参考或学习研究使用,禁止用于任何商业用途,其版权和著作权归原作者所有,请在下载后24小时内删除!
运行环境Windows MacOS 
文件大小563MB
语言English 
上传时间2019-11-17

Homegrown Sounds Cassetto v2 KONTAKT
Cassetto背后的想法是创建一种合成器,该合成器具有陈旧且略有缺陷的声音以及相当固定但有趣的体系结构。最终的结果是一个合成器,它具有自己的特征,并具有一些非常独特的音调。尽管Kontakt通常用于复杂样本,但Cassetto使用采样振荡器,因此它是真正的合成器,并且所有声音的构建方式都与其他任何减法合成器相同,但它带有200个预设,并且还有更多的预设。合成器,邀请您制作自己的合成器。

首先,我为振荡器选择了Elektron模拟量四,因为它有很强的模拟波形可供选择。然后将每个原始波形在4个八度音阶上逐一记录到非常老旧且磨损严重的盒式磁带上。至少从1987年开始,我就拥有了这个录音带,因为那段时间我在吉他上表现很差,这很有趣地录制在Pet Shop Boys的一张专辑中。这是我尝试过的第三个卡带,辍学率最高,这正是我想要的。这是盒式磁带:

我一直在寻找一个适合该项目的卡式录音机,很久以来,一个朋友想出了这个(JVC CD-1635 MK II),实际上是一台经过脱氧处理的非常好的机器,我已经尝试了其他一些使用自动增益输入的方法,这有点太极端了,我很谨慎。这是它的外观(如果您仔细观察,可以看到cassetto!卡带)。

然后将它们通过focusrite OctoPre记录到计算机中,并以不同的长度将每个4秒的样本手动循环,以提供多采样振荡器。实际上,令我惊讶的是,它们一经过滤器驯服,听起来多么可爱。这就是某些原始未经滤波的波形在随机开始时间(相位)下的声音。

我还想到,从A4的清晰录音中使用一些单周期循环可能会很有趣,这会给声音可能性增加一个新的维度,因此我对其中5个进行了此操作,它们听起来不错并添加了与磁带振荡器形成了很好的对比。然后,我通过创建一些单周期的失谐和混合组来结束振荡器。我还尝试对单个周期的循环有点不精确,以使它们略微失谐,但破碎的振荡器声音虽然微妙。

Updated with new Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 Instruments, the latter makes use of the new Kontakt 6 delay and reverb

The idea behind Cassetto was to create a synthesizer which has an old and slightly faulty sound as well as a fairly fixed yet interesting architecture. The end result is a synth with it’s own character and capable of some very unique tones. Although Kontakt is often used for complex samples, Cassetto uses sampled oscillators so that it is a true synthesizer and all sounds are constructed in the same way as any other subtractive synth, it comes with 200 presets with more to come, however it is also a synth that invites you to make your own.

快照11.jpg

The Process
Firstly, I chose the Elektron Analogue Four for the Oscillators as it has a nice selection of strong analog waveforms. Each of the Raw Waveforms was then recorded note by note over 4 octaves onto a very old and well worn cassette. I have owned this cassette since at least 1987 as it had me playing guitar badly around that time, which was recorded over a Pet Shop Boys album funnily enough. It was the 3rd cassette I tried and had the most dropouts which is what I was looking for. This is the Cassette:

I had been looking for a suitable cassette deck for this project for a long while, and a friend came up with this one (JVC CD-1635 MK II) which is actually a really nice machine after bit of de-oxit, I’d already tried a couple of others with auto gain inputs which was a bit too extreme, I was after subtlety. Here is what it looks like (you can see the cassetto! cassette if you look closely).

These were then recorded into the computer through a focusrite OctoPre and each 4 second sample was looped manually at different lengths to provide the multisampled oscillators. I was actually surprised how lovely they sounded once tamed by Filters. This is what some of the raw unfiltered waveforms sound like with random start time (phase).

It also occurred to me that it might be interesting to use some single cycle loops from clean recordings of the A4, which would add a whole other dimension to the sound possibilities, so I did this for 5 of them, and they sounded good and added a nice contrast to the tape Oscillators. I then finished off the oscillators by creating some detuned and mixed groups of the single cycles. I also tried to be a bit imprecise with the looping of the single cycles to give them a slightly detuned broken oscillator sound, although it is subtle.

The Synth Engine
I created a soundset for Bassline-101, and whilst working on it, I really came to appreciate the simplicity of the SH-101 design and so in my head that was the starting point for Cassetto. As you can probably see it went way beyond that simplicity, but I tried hard to keep to the idea of making it hard to make bad sounds which is the strong point of the 101. I just can’t seem to keep things that simple…

My second thought was that I wanted it to be an instrument that Boards of Canada could use, I think out of any band they always seem to get sounds out of synths which is hard to describe, but to me always sound like childhood/Nostalgia. So, I had the cassette sampled oscillator, the next thing on my list was a way to warble the sound, a wow and flutter dodgy cassette sort of thing. On the synth it’s called Unstable (UNST) and it works very nicely to create that feel. Finally I wanted to get some subtle saturation and most importantly sample rate/bit rate reduction in there, which is not only great for emulating digital gear, but it can make sound take on characteristics of Mellotrons and acoustic instruments sometimes. After some experimentation I decided to place it in between the 2 filters which leaves the option of having either a Low Pass in slot 2 for grit, or a High Pass for Noise and it works really well.

Initially I started with hard wired Serial Filters, but after trying out splitting the filters one to each oscillator it opened a whole new world I couldn’t ignore, I followed that up with giving the ability to use the Filter envelope to control the Volume of Oscillator 2 and/or Noise. This just makes so many new sounds possible for the sake of a couple of buttons.

With the Arpeggiator I began by using the one I’d built for Multiverse, however I really wanted a Chord Mode and I ended up rebuilding it and so it does function slightly differently. It is basically a standard Arpeggiator with Sequencers grafted on, this can lead to some very complex polyrhythms. The other addition over the Multiverse ARP is the 16 note Pitch Sequencer which if you play a single Note behaves like a classic Sequencer.

Highlights
- 2 Oscillators with both multi-sampled cassette sampled sound and single cycle Waveforms (100 selections in total)
- Noise Oscillator sampled from Tape
- Unstable for warbling the oscillator pitch
- Dual Filters with a large choice of filter types
- Parallel Filters or One for each Oscillator
- 3 LFOs with 30 selectable Waveforms, LFO1/2 reset on note on, LFO3 is free running
- Random LFO for the Filters
- Filter Envelope for the Cutoff, Pitch and Optional Volume of Oscillator 2
- VCA Envelope for Volume Control
- Envelope 3 assignable to Resonance LFO1 speed and LFO 3 level
- Reverb with 50 Impulse Responses
- Delay
- Modulator with a choice from Chorus, Flanger or Phaser
- Versatile Arpeggiator with Sequencers for various parameters plus 6 Modulation Sequencers
- various Chord Modes for the Arpeggiator
- various Mod Sequencer Modes
- Preset Browser with the ability to save presets
- Global Randomizer and Default, with the ability to save you own Default preset.
- Complete Microtuner System with 300+ Scales and scala support
- Scale Re-Mapper with 78 Scales
- Section Default and Randomizer buttons
- 400 Presets

You must have the full version of Kontakt 5.6 to use Cassetto or Kontakt 5.5 to use Micro Cassetto or the full version of Kontakt 6 to use new K6 Cassetto, they will not load in earlier versions. They will also only work for 15 minutes in the player.   

请使用 KONTAKT 5.6 或更高版本打开

Home page:https://hgsounds.com/product/cassetto-for-kontakt-5-6/
Videos & Demos :https://youtu.be/gyUXZ0zFp9A

网友回复1

正序浏览
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

1关注

1143粉丝

1611帖子

排行榜

感谢您关注Midivst!我们将持续为您推送优质的学习资源

本站资源均为网络收集整理,仅供学习研究或参考使用,请在下载后24小时内删除,如需商业用途,请购买正版!如有内容侵犯您的版权或其他利益,请编辑邮件发送给我们,我们会在1个工作日内删除相关内容!

联系邮箱:postmaster@midivst.com

Copyright   ©2013-2018  Midivst!音源网Powered by©Discuz!    苏ICP备13033322号-2